Sharon believes in providing pragmatic advice to clients to ensure they achieve the best possible outcome in the most cost-effective way.Get in touch now
About Sharon Chandra
Sharon practices in all areas of family law, including relationship property, care of children, spousal maintenance and trusts and estate disputes. Sharon frequently appears in the Family Court and represents clients at mediation, the majority of which have achieved successful outcomes.
Sharon provides specialist advice as to the best manner in which to protect assets when entering into a relationship and dealing with assets as a result of separation or death.
Sharon is a contributor to leading online legal research service, Westlaw and has been asked to speak at legal seminars held by the New Zealand Law Society. In addition to her appointment as a Regional Representative of the Family Law Section of the New Zealand Law Society, Sharon has published family law articles in various legal publications and has been interviewed by a number of media outlets to comment on family law issues.
- Newshub 22 October 2019: Married, de facto or casual dating: when to have the prenup discussion
- Newshub 05 September 2019: Over half of Kiwis don't have a Will
- Newstalk ZB 24 July 2019: Law Commission's final report on changes to relationship property law
- Newstalk ZB 2 November 2018: Law Commission's proposed changes to relationship property law
- National Business Review 02 November 2018: Proposed divorce law reforms badly needed, leading practitioner says
- Newstalk ZB15 November 2018: Impact of industrial strike action in the Family Court
- National Business Review 29 October 2018: What business folk need to know about changing divorce laws
- Newstalk ZB March 2018: Alleged child abuse suffered by 4 month old baby
- Stuff October 2017: Divorce at second sight: How easy is it to end a (first sight) marriage in New Zealand?
- NZ Herald August 2017: Girl left alone, after hours, in Ministry for Vulnerable Children office
- Newstalk ZB July 2017: National party's proposed changes to child support
- NZ Law Society Lawpoints 27 July 2017: School 'trial' opened pathway to fashion, fitness, wine - and law: Sharon Chandra
- Law Talk February 2019: Family protection claim by estranged children in multimillion dollar estate
- Family Advocate Autumn 2018: The perils of parting with relationship property
- Law Talk February 2018: The Supreme Court's approach to economic disparity
- Family Advocate Summer 2017: The danger of de facto relationships
- Family Advocate Spring 2017: Relationship property: not always 50/50
- Law Talk October 2017: When contracting out agreements don't provide protection
- 15 October 2019: Economic disparity a practical guide
- 21 August 2019: Claims against trusts on separation
- 21 March 2019: PRA - Recent Developments
- 05 September 2018: Avoiding estate claims upon death
- 04 July 2018: Claims against trust property upon separation
- 20 June 2018: The latest hits: case law update
- 29 November 2017: Certifying contracting out agreements
- 14 November 2017: Asset protection: death and divorce
- Regional Representative of Family Law Section - February 2018 - current