About Catherine Pendleton
Catherine is a senior member of our Employment and Civil Litigation team. She enjoys working closely with clients in dealing with complex legal issues and strategies involved in litigation and dispute resolution.
Catherine has a broad background in a range of sectors worldwide. Before coming to Turner Hopkins Catherine's experience involved:
- Time as a junior barrister at Bankside Chambers working on a range of civil and commercial litigation cases
- Senior counsel in a number of lengthy appeals involving immigration, extradition and financial crime laws
- Appearing in a range of Tribunals, District Court, High Court and Court of Appeal
- Managing international projects of the British Red Cross in Africa, Asia and Europe
- Working in Spain and Central America, in business consultancies, in the superyacht industry and project managing Rotary funding for building schools and medical centres.
Catherine provides advice on options, risks and strategies involved in litigation, as well as other dispute resolution options including mediation. Her main areas of practice are:
- Employment law - including drafting contracts, personal grievance disputes, redundancies and restructuring, restraint of trade, dismissals, disciplinary action, business purchase/sale, mediation, representation in the Employment Relations Authority
- General civil litigation
- Shareholder disputes
- Commercial / contract disputes
- Property / construction contract disputes
- Caveat proceedings
- Urgent injunctions
- Franchise disputes
Catherine works closely with the commercial team to assist Turner Hopkins' commercial clients and businesses in their strategic decisions, and in particular Catherine works closely with the firm's Asian commercial team involving shareholder, company and property disputes. The litigation team engage official translators for court documents and affidavit evidence when required in Court proceedings.
In her downtime Catherine has a very active lifestyle, juggling her free time with managing her active daughters' sports pursuits while trying to fit in her and her husband's own love of mountain biking, hiking, tennis and any outdoor adventures.