Can the Court assist me with care arrangements for my child/children?

When parents cannot agree, upon separation, about the care arrangements for their children this may require the assistance of a family lawyer. Some parents are able to work towards a parenting agreement (which does not require Court intervention) whereas other parents require the Court's assistance to obtain Parenting Orders. Even when there is no conflict some parents prefer to go through the Court system as a Parenting Order is binding on both parties. When applying for a Parenting Order you must file an affidavit to accompany your application. These can be prepared by a family lawyer to make the process easier. A filing fee is payable to the Family Court when applying for a Parenting Order.

Need legal help?

Get in touch now