Turner Hopkins supports men's health. Visit Bike for Blokes to learn more.

If you are in a serious relationship and own any assets, you should consider entering into a prenuptial agreement (also known as a contracting out agreement).

Do you need a Contracting Out Agreement?

If you are moving in with your spouse or partner, it is important to consider whether there are any assets either of you would like to protect in the event of a separation.

A prenuptial agreement is essential if you want to ensure your assets are protected from a relationship, even if your assets are owned by a trust or acquired from a previous relationship.

Prenuptial agreements can also protect people who enter into a relationship without any assets.  It is therefore equally important, if you are being asked to sign a prenuptial agreement, that you obtain adequate legal advice.

The process to properly execute a contracting out agreement requires each spouse or partner to have their own independent lawyer.  Whether you are the person seeking to protect your assets or the person being asked to sign a prenuptial agreement, we can assist.

If you would like assistance, please contact one of our family lawyers below.

Recent Reviews