Residential | Commercial
Commercial property transactions are becoming increasingly complex, with legislative changes and more sophisticated developments requiring expert legal advice.
Turner Hopkins provides high-quality advice to property owners, developers and tenants in a broad range of commercial projects. Turner Hopkins' strong reputation is built on our technical expertise and our common sense and pragmatic approach to getting the deal done.
Why Choose Turner Hopkins
- We have a proven track record of commercial property experience.
- Our experience enables us to identify potential pitfalls and risks relating to the transaction in question and ensure these are mitigated or eliminated.
- We operate a continuing legal education programme to ensure TH personnel are kept up to date with the latest legal developments.
- We pride ourselves on developing an excellent level of communication with our clients to ensure we fully understand what they are seeking to achieve.
The Areas We Cover
Generally, clients approaching us for commercial property advice fall into one of the following categories:
If you are looking to buy a commercial property, we will guide you through the process to ensure you fully understand:
- your obligations under the agreement for sale and purchase;
- your responsibilities under your funding arrangement e.g. guarantees;
- your obligations as a owner occupier;
- What other professionals you'll require e.g. Valuers, engineers;
- Your continuing compliance obligations as a property owner.
If you are looking to enter into a lease of commercial premises, we will assist you in:
- Negotiating the terms of the lease to ensure it reflects your particular needs;
- Understanding your obligations under the lease;
- Strategising negotiations with the landlord including rent reviews and lease variations.
If you are either a Landlord looking to lease a vacant commercial property or negotiate with an existing tenant, we can help you:
- Consider pre-leasing issues e.g. compliance issues which a prospective tenant may require such as fire ratings which allow racking above 3 meters in warehouse areas;
- In reviewing the credit worthiness of a tenant or guarantors;
- Preparing the lease documentation.
If you are considering selling your commercial property, we assist in maximising the return you will receive by:
- Identifying those steps which should be undertaken prior to sale e.g. negotiating lease renewals and rent reviews;
- Preparing due diligence packages for prospective purchasers;
- Reviewing contractual documentation e.g. tender documents;
- Negotiating preferred terms with marketing and real estate agents.
What Turner Hopkins Offers
- Value for money in relation to the advice we provide;
- Quality advice – We take the time to understand what you are trying to achieve and will work with you to achieve the best outcomes for you.
- Our aim is to gain your trust and confidence to build a long-term relationship, rather than treat the instruction as a one-off transaction.