Can I get sponsored by a business?

Companies don't usually need to "sponsor" a worker. Most of the time all that is needed is a formal job offer and (for a work visa) evidence they cannot find a local candidate to do the job. Sponsorship is usually only requested if there are perceived "risks" with the application.

The starting point - you need a job offer. Under New Zealand law this must be in writing usually known as an Individual Employment Agreement ("IEA") or Collective Agreement.

We can assist employers with clauses suited to Immigration processes. We can also review IEA's for migrants unfamiliar with New Zealand labour laws to ensure they receive all their entitlements.

Need legal help?

Get in touch now