What is a Sale and Purchase Agreement?
The Sale and Purchase Agreement is a legally binding contract outlining the agreed conditions of the buyer and seller of a property. If you are using a real estate agent, they will probably use the ADLS form from the Auckland District Law Society and Real Estate Institute of New Zealand.
The agreement should include the following:
- Names(s) of the buyer and seller
- Property's address and type of title
- Any chattels to be sold with the property (for example, drapes, white ware, light fittings and fixed floor coverings)
- Rate of interest for late settlement
- Deposit amount
- Any buyer conditions
- Date when the agreement becomes unconditional
- Settlement date
Need legal help?