Turner Hopkins supports men's health. Visit Bike for Blokes to learn more.

What is the process with getting a divorce (dissolution)?

Posted in: Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce)

An application to the Family Court is required and one party must be domiciled in New Zealand at the time the application is made. The application may be made by either one party on their own or by both parties jointly. The latter is generally more cost effective and will be processed more quickly by the Court. There is a filing fee payable at the time the application is made.

Need legal help?

Get in touch now