A Will that has been carefully thought out may prevent potential family disagreements and reduce the risk of claims being made against your estate and ultimately your wishes.
A well drafted Will provides for:
- The Distribution of your Assets – including real property (i.e. land), personal chattels (e.g. jewelry, heirlooms etc.) and other assets (e.g. superannuation funds, shares etc.).
- Guardians – appointment of guardians for children under 18 years old.
- Special Gifts or Legacies – you wish to go to other beneficiaries e.g. a favourite charity.
- Funeral Requirements – clear instructions about your wishes for 'Do not resuscitate' and in what circumstances, your funeral instructions and any organ donation.
- Liabilities – such as mortgages and debts owing to family and friends.
Have a question? Get in touch.