How do I contest a Will and what is the process?

When a person creates their Will they have moral and legal obligations to make adequate provision for certain classes of people such as spouses and children. If you believe that you have not been adequately provided for under a Will an application to the Family Court under the Family Protection Act will be necessary. This is a complex process involving the preparation of a number of documents. Similarly, an application to the Court can be made where you have been promised property under somebody's Will but have been left out of the Will.

Need legal help?

Get in touch now