Do I need a building or engineering inspection/report?

By obtaining a professional building and/or engineering report you will be alerted to any matters that may need attention. A building inspector will inspect areas of the house that are reasonably accessible. A normal inspection will cover:

  • Interior – services
  • Exterior – roof, roof space and sub floor
  • Site – potential for flooding, drainage, site conditions (retaining walls, etc.), run-off from adjacent ground
  • Other buildings on the title

For apartments, the inspector will generally only inspect the interior and balcony, if there is one.

Need legal help?

Get in touch now